Animoca Brands and Quidd launch mintables NFTs, debuting with Atari Collection
News provided by PRCrypto
New York, 14 June 2022: Animoca Brands, the company advancing digital property rights for gaming and the metaverse, and its subsidiary Quidd, the original digital collectibles and NFT marketplace and studio, today announced the launch of Quidd Mintables, a feature that enables Quidd users to mint supported digital collectibles in the Quidd app into NFTs on blockchain. The first collection launched with this feature is Quidd X Atari Mintables Collection.
With Quidd Mintables, Quidd allows collectors to choose if they want to convert their digital collectible into an NFT on an eligible chain of their choosing. Quidd Mintables ensures three core benefits for digital collectors:
- Permanence — the ability to own a collectible forever
- Proof of Ownership — the ability to prove ownership of your digital collectible
- Agency — the freedom and ability to do what you want with your collectible
Why Mint a Digital Collectible as an NFT?Quidd collectors are true fans of the numerous IP available in our marketplace. Now for the first time, if they wish to take those collectibles on chain as an NFT and in their non-custodial wallet, they can choose to do so with Mintables. Digital collectibles, whether they are traded or sold, all come with a digital serial code that makes every card unique. With Quidd Mintables, each card still comes with a digital serial code, but if you choose to convert it into an NFT, its digital serial code will be stored on the blockchain and connected to your digital wallet. This ensures that you are the sole digital owner of your (now) NFT collectible, which also keeps a record of each transaction. Your NFT now gives you immutable proof of ownership.
Quidd X Atari Mintable CollectionFor this very special launch of Atari Mintables, Quidd has partnered with GAMEE, the play-and-earn casual mobile gaming subsidiary of Animoca Brands, to conduct a week-long takeover of Arc8, GAMEE’s play-and-earn mobile gaming platform.
The Quidd Week on Arc8 will consist of Quidd sponsored tournaments inside the Arc8 app. For Atari NFT owners, there will be an exclusive tournament in one game where players will compete for a big prize pool of QUIDD tokens. Of those players participating in the Atari NFT tournament, the top 100 will be eligible to mint an exclusive Atari/Quidd G-Bot starter NFT (only 100 in existence). The date and more details about the takeover will be announced in the end of June.
Overview of Quidd Mintables
- Multiple Blockchains — Users can mint a digital collectible on Ethereum now. BNB Chain, Polygon, and other blockchains will be added next.
- Audited Smart Contracts —All of Quidd’s minting contracts have been audited and meet the top security industry standards.
- Un-Minting — With true ownership comes the choice of taking an NFT off-chain as you feel. Quidd provides that option at your fingertips, so if you no longer want your digital collectible to be an NFT, it will be burned, with your item now solely a digital collectible within the Quidd ecosystem.
About QuiddQuidd, a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, is the original digital collectibles and NFT marketplace. For over five years, Quidd has worked with the world’s most prominent brands, including Disney, HBO, Funko, and over 300 others, in bringing fan-first collecting to digital and blockchain platforms. The Quidd marketplace is the most innovative, robust, and accessible platform for digital and NFT collecting experiences.
Website | Twitter (QUIDD Token) | Twitter (Quidd Platform) | Discord | Telegram | Medium